A FTSE 100 list global energy company has a need in its tax team for an Indirect Tax Advisor. The role requires working in large teams across the business and the functions and involves supporting the Senior Tax Manager with both advisory and VAT compliance requirements.
The role will involve providing indirect tax advice on cross-border commodity trades and, where necessary, integrating the direct and indirect specialisms. The role will be required to scope and coordinate advice from non-UK tax teams and/or 3rd party advisors and requires a working knowledge of both the businesses and the related risks, along with the relevant tax issues.
* Maintain key relationships with stakeholders across the businesses, as well as within the functions such as Finance and Legal
* Apply strong project management techniques to deliver projects within agreed timeframes and coordinate with other Tax advisors globally to ensure both project plans and important knowledge about business plans are shared and related global tax risks are adequately understood and addressed
* Support the Senior Tax Manager in the identification, design and implementation of tax planning opportunities for the businesses
* Tracking and performing risk management processes to manage key indirect tax risks in support of the Indirect Tax Compliance Framework
* Support the successful delivery of the UK and European Indirect Tax compliance obligations by leading the monthly VAT compliance cycle for a number of entities
* Degree/equivalent experience
* ACA/CTA or equivalent experience/education
* Confident communicator with internal stakeholders at all levels of seniority
* Experience in a commodities environment is advantageous
Please contact Andrew Wilson for more information.