Vacancy - Private Client Associate in a thriving inner-city, single office Tax Boutique. Competitive Salary.
Your new company
An established firm in Central London with a solid team and positive work culture.
Your new role
* Management of portfolio of private clients (120+), including HNW and UHNW individuals, partnerships, LLPs, Non-resident Landlords, Non-Domiciliaries, UK and Offshore Trusts.
* Preparation and submission of personal, partnership and LLP, tax returns and dealing with the whole compliance and advisory cycle, within deadlines and budgets.
* Advising clients of their tax liabilities and any tax saving opportunities, as appropriate. Liaising with counterparts in audit and accounts department to ensure deadlines are met.
* Liaising with HMRC on a daily basis regarding clients' tax affairs. Dealing with HMRC enquiries.
* Dealing with Non-Resident and Non-Doms tax rules and property taxes e.g. SRT, Remittance Basis, ATED, ATED-CGT, NRCGT, s.86, s.87 and s.720 CGT issues.
* Dealing with de-enveloping cases for Offshore Trusts and Offshore companies.
* Advising on minimising CGT & Income Tax exposure by utilising appropriate reliefs, claims and elections (Averaging, EIS, SEIS, VCT vehicles, PPR, Gift Relief, Entrepreneurs Relief, share loss relief/negligible value claims and Personal Allowance/Annual Exemption esp. between spouses etc).
What you'll need to succeed
* Planning and Organising: must be able to plan workload in order to prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines and cope with pressure.
* Written and verbal communication: good written communication skills are necessary to draft correspondence with clients and HMRC to explain technical issues in an easily understandable manner. Must have good inter-personal skills to be able to liaise with clients and other staff members.
* Client Focus: meeting deadlines and responding to client needs.
* Technical Expertise: maintaining technical knowledge.
* ATT qualification or equivalent experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.