Change Public Practice are working with a Big 4 firm in Glasgow to assist them in the recruitment of several Expatriate Tax Assistant Managers. Experience within Expatriate Tax is highly desirable, however, specialists within Personal Tax who would like to transition into Expatriate Tax will also be welcome as full training and support will be provided.
This Big 4 firm has a real focus on work-life balance, flexible working hours (including early or late starts, shorter working days etc.) and as such has a strong staff retention within their tax function. Gone are the days where Big 4 firms strike fear of excessive working hours and stress in order to have a successful career with an enviable client base - this firm can offer it all!
Whilst you can be based in Glasgow, one massive selling point of this opportunity is that remote working is on offer and this would be on an annualised contract which compliments their commitment to a strong work-life balance. This remote working and annualised contract would entail being employed on a permanent basis and being paid as if you are in the office (12 months per year) but it would allow you to work the required hours during the busy season which would be balanced with non-billable hours in March, April and May every year. You would of course be provided with all the equipment that you would require to work from home.
· Review of UK Tax Returns for a broad range of international assignees
· Preparation and review of tax equalisation calculations
· Review of UK Tax Returns for a broad range of international assignees and preparation / review of tax equalisation calculations
· Ensuring clients are provided with up-to-date information on relevant tax developments
· Preparing client advice
· Day-to-day contact with HMRC
· Maintaining good client relationships and liaising daily with allocated clients
· Management of compliance processes for international assignees
· Advising on risk issues relevant to client and assisting in mitigating these
· Some project management work
· Delegation of work to, and training of junior staff members
· Qualified CTA or other relevant accountancy qualification
· A minimum of 4 years’ experience within a public accountancy firm is required i.e. Big 4, Top 10, mid-tier etc.
· Ideally will have worked within Expatriate Tax / Global Mobility Services previously
· Ability to develop and maintain client relationships
· High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
· Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
· Those with a strong Private Client Compliance / Personal Tax background who are looking to transition over to Global Mobility compliance roles will also be considered and will be provided with full training and support