Change Public Practice are working with a leading Chartered Accountancy firm in Glasgow to assist them in the urgent hire of a Private Client Tax Assistant Manager. Whilst this role is based in Glasgow, this firm is open to considering professionals to work remotely on an annualised hours basis.
This Big 4 firm has a real focus on work-life balance, flexible working hours (including early or late starts, shorter working days etc.) and as such has a strong staff retention within their tax function. Gone are the days where Big 4 firms strike fear of excessive working hours and stress in order to have a successful career with an enviable client base - this firm can offer it all!
This role will involve working on a range of clients and projects, including:
· Review of UK Tax Returns for a broad range of high-net worth individuals, company directors, partners and partnerships, entrepreneurs and non-UK domiciled individuals
· Preparation / review of rental accounts, self-employed and partnership accounts
· Ensuring clients are provided with up-to-date information on relevant tax developments
· Preparing client advice
· Day-to-day contact with HMRC
· Management of compliance processes for private clients
· Advising on risk issues relevant to the clients
· Some project management exposure
· Delegation of work to, and training of junior members of staff
· Qualified CTA or appropriate experience
· Minimum of 4 years’ experience working within a Public Practice, or other relevant experience involving working with a large portfolio of private clients and high-net worth individuals
· Ability to develop and maintain client relationships
· High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
· Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
If you would like to discuss this further, and particularly interested to hear about how the remote working and annualised contracts work then please get in touch.