A global independent investment banking firm with financial centres in North American, Europe, South America and Asia are looking for an experienced tax professional with either a corporate tax or VAT background who is eager to branch out into both tax specialisms. The bank focuses on matters of strategic significance including M&A, capital structure, advisory, private capital, equity sales, research and tradings across a range of clients.
You will be joining a team of 2 including a contractor and a Tax Manager. You will be responsible for the production and analysis regarding all tax compliance of the EMEA and Asia Pacific group.
* Preparation of all working papers and tax packs for EMEA and Asia Pacific entities
* Liaising with external advisors and reviewing tax returns prepared externally
* Preparation of statutory tax notes and calculation of the quarterly instalments
* Preparation and submission of VAT returns and be VAT point of contact for all initial queries
* Ensuring that all the tax positions taken by the business comply with the Group's tax strategy
* Active involvement in all EMEA projects that are tax related
Applicants who have a VAT and or corporate tax background are welcome to apply as the scope of the role is extremely broad. Qualified ATT/CTA or accountant with experience working across multiple jurisdictions with an excellent general knowledge of all UK taxes. Financial services experience is desirable but not essential. Someone who has the ability to meet tight deadline and work under pressure who is willing to take on new work.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact Simon Riva
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.