Change Public Practice are delighted to be working with a Top 20 Scottish Accountancy firm based in Dunfermline in the recruitment of a Personal Tax Assistant to join their well-established Tax team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a varied portfolio of personal tax clients providing both compliance and advisory services.
You will also have the opportunity to continue working towards a professional qualification as support can be offered to those studying ATT or CTA.
Key responsibilities within this role include:
· Working on all aspects of personal tax for a varying range of clients
· Preparation and production of personal and partnership tax returns, including business tax & capital allowances computations and partners’ expense claims
· Ensure all compliance deadlines are met
· Preparation of capital gains tax computations and advising clients accordingly
· Preparation of sole trader income and expenditure accounts, where applicable
· Preparation of GP annual certificates of pensionable profits
· Advising clients of tax, national insurance and NHS superannuation liabilities as appropriate
· Liaise directly with external parties including clients and HMRC
· Priovide support for junior member of staff
To be considered for this role:
· Must have at least 12 months experience working in a similar role in Practice
· Strong experience of personal and business tax & capital allowances computations is essential
· Previous experience of working with clients from a medical background will be favoured but is not essential
· Good working knowledge of CCH software package would be desired
· A drive to work in Practice and a keen interest to progress in Tax as a career
· Experience in assisting junior colleagues with queries
The ideal candidate for this role will be either qualified by experience or will be working towards ATT/CTA and will have recent or current experience gained in a similar role. If you have the experience listed above, and are keen to join a firm offering a varied workload, a great day to day culture as well as an excellent work-life balance, then please apply with a copy of your most recent CV.
To discuss this role further, or other opportunities within Public Practice, please contact Johanne Smith