A hands on technical position to manage tax in relation to the groups EMEA and Asia tax compliance and reporting requirements. The role will support the New York based Head of International Tax in implementing international tax strategy and provide excellent proactive tax service to the Head of Finance in EMEA and Asia. The role will provide leadership to a tax staff of 3 based in London.
About the business
A leading global asset manager that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solutions for individual, institutional and corporate clients around the world. With more than 2000 people including over 450 investment professionals based in North America, Europe and Asia, we manage over £400 billion of assets across developed and emerging market equities, fixed income, asset allocation solutions and alternatives. Our priority is the investment success of our clients. We know investors want strong and repeatable risk-adjusted returns and we aim to deliver this through an active and consistent investment approach that is team-based, risk-aware and performance-driven.
* Manage the London based tax team to deliver efficient and effective product tax, tax information reporting and tax compliance and reporting requirements
* Research, analyse and support tax strategies and tax planning initiatives to reduce risk and minimise tax
* Manage relationships and provide day to day tax support to London based Head of Finance, EMEA Controllership, HR and other business leaders including project support
* Ensure the preparation of IFRS, GAAP and statutory reporting for tax related items
* Ensure compliance with controls to manage risk and remain in compliance with tax laws, company policies, and procedures
* Manage ongoing interactions with HMRC and other tax authorities
* Manage relationships with outsourced providers of tax advice
* Qualified Tax professional with 8+ years relevant experience
* Open, collaborative way of working, proactive in communication
* Broad UK and international tax compliance, group reporting, and tax advisory experience with knowledge of direct and indirect tax, transfer pricing, and PE issues
* Ability to make the complex simple
* Readiness to take responsibility and be held accountable
* Chartered Accountant (ACA), Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) or equivalent