Advisory focused role with a FTSE100 group, working in a close knit Indirect Tax team.
A rigorous technical role with a FTSE 100 services group, this role will directly support the Head of VAT to provide ongoing support advising business units, both on UK and international VAT obligations, as well as help to drive operational VAT change with the support of the compliance team. This is an excellent first step in-house for a qualified VAT Manager/Senior Manager with experience advising large multinationals, or candidates from industry with strong technical skills.
* Advise business units on VAT issues, ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately for all commercial and corporate operations.
* Assist in identifying opportunities for increasing the group's VAT recovery.
* Conduct risk and control analysis for indirect tax processes and identify areas where controls can be enhanced.
* Contribute ideas to the VAT/Indirect Tax strategy of the wider group.
* Support internal and external audits.
* Act as a point of contact for tax authorities, dealing with queries.
* Provide ad hoc support to other tax team members where required.
* Strong stakeholder management skills.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
* CTA/ACA qualification preferred, but not essential.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion