Exciting leadership role with a FTSE100 multinational.
Our client is a well known FTSE100 multinational group with operations in +20 countries. Due to recent transformation, they have decided to recruit a new Indirect Tax lead to be based in Birmingham. The role will have oversight for VAT across the businesses four divisions, spanning +20 countries. On offer will be a competitive salary package for the right candidate.
* Evaluate business and corporate strategies for VAT efficiency, participate in decision making and deployment of the strategies;
* Advise the Business Units on VAT and Customs Duty queries (including in Europe) related to existing and new business areas;
* Reviewing new legislation and advise the Head of Tax on the implications for the group's indirect tax position;
* Responsible for the Group's consolidated VAT return, as well as oversight for VAT compliance across the groups individual businesses;
* Update and document existing procedures and processes, and/or implement new processes where necessary, to ensure robust indirect tax compliance and reporting, fully meeting SOX requirements where applicable;
* Ensure staff involved in the end-to-end VAT process are properly coached on indirect tax processes and procedures, and are supported in their day-to-day role (e.g. by providing checklists or through answering ad hoc queries);
* Oversight and support with audits and controversy as required, proactively seeking to manage and reduce risks;
* Prepare and implement the Group's 'Making Tax Digital' transformation strategy, working closely with the accounting and IT teams;
* Work with and manage external Big 4 advisers to obtain robust, timely and practical advice on indirect tax matters affecting existing and new business areas;
* Provide ad hoc support to the wider Tax and corporate leadership teams.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
* Strong stakeholder management skills.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
* CTA/ACA qualification preferred, but not essential.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion