Marks Sattin are currently working with a rapidly expanding Independent Accountancy Practice on the outskirts of York.
As a qualified Accountant you will be tasked with running an expanding Accounting team at their unique offices.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
* Preparation of year end accounts, tax, PAYE or VAT based work from information supplied by client to the required standards.
* Identifies points to raise with clients and to raise potential for additional services including added value services and advice.
* Finalises paperwork for dispatch to client, HMRC in a timely manner meeting required deadlines and quality.
* Liaise with client to obtain relevant information for their accounts, acting in a proactive way and ensuring attention to details and effective questioning of client.
* Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets, meeting these targets and exceeding where possible
* Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
* Support team mates by providing on the job coaching
* Use appropriate support networks to clarify knowledge on complex queries
* Book-keeping, ledger maintenance, supplier maintenance and management accounts, as and when required.
* Prepare client tax returns based on information supplied by client, advise on tax payable and payment dates and to meet deadlines in line with the firms standards.
* Assisting clients with accounts software and other book-keeping queries as required.
* Involvement in networking and business generation under the guidance of more senior team members.
* Continuous Interaction with Clients on Tax Planning Strategies and various matters of their Companies.
* Preparation, review and Finalization of Annual Accounts, Corporation Tax & Personal Tax Returns and Submitting the same to Companies House and HMRC within due dates.
* Ability to review a complete accounts files quickly and efficiently
* Good in communication skills and negotiation skills.
* Excellent problem resolutions skills and ideas generation ability
* Ability to review a complete personal tax returns quickly and efficiently
* In depth accounts preparation Knowledge
* Knowledge of Accounts systems essentially Sage and their uses and benefits
Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible for immediate consideration.