An exceptional opportunity to join a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. This firm’s global reach ensures they can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
Delivering quality, service excellence and value to their clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. These clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as governments and public sector bodies.
With a commitment to diversity and inclusion, this firm offers exceptional career opportunities to lawyers, aspiring graduates and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Longman Tax Recruitment are proud to be recruiting for a senior level role within the business – a newly created Tax Projects Manager position offering an unparalleled opportunity to lead and deliver a wide range of strategic projects across the international tax function. You will gain hands on exposure to complex tax work whilst building relationships with key stakeholders, managing key projects and reporting.
You will need broad technical knowledge and this role will suit an individual who thrives on achieving results through a combination of hands on input with strategic vision within an international setting.
You will be commercially astute and dynamic, and able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the technical issues. You will have strong experience of working within tax. Energetic and enthusiastic, you will have the skills, knowledge and attributes to work flexibly and autonomously within our fast moving and changing environment.
This position is responsible for driving and facilitating the progression of tax projects including those with multi-territory tax implications. In your dynamic and challenging role you will:
• Run and report on projects to resolve tax related issues within the business
• Work collaboratively with Finance, in-house counsel, and Risk, as well as working in cooperation with client facing teams
• Where required, develop controls and tax risk management systems
• Maintain comprehensive records
• Develop relationships with key personnel; and
• Provide cover and support when the Head of Tax and partner services or the Senior tax managers are unavailable
Some examples of upcoming projects include:
• Assessing partner structures in EMEA
• Review of structure / Restructure of entities in EMEA and Asia
• Review of potential tax implications of forthcoming regulatory change and any opportunities that this may present
• Tax implications of changes to firm systems
Essential skills and attributes:
• A qualified accountant or chartered tax advisor
• Able to apply knowledge of tax fundamentals to international practices and legislation
• Experienced in tax strategy, implementation, planning, support and project management and demonstrate strong tax research skills
• Able to design and embed end-to-end solutions - from entity level to individual partner level tax considerations
• Able to apply transferable experience from other regulatory projects that involve interpreting and implementing complex, technical rules
• Show confidence to work under own initiative coupled with a collaborative style when working as part of a team
• Have excellent communication skills, coupled with the ability to influence, negotiate and persuade and resolve conflict at all levels
• Have a strong client service orientation with a bias for action
• Have strong planning and organisational skills, accepting accountability for tasks and be able to balance a high volume of work under pressure
This position can be based in Sheffield, Leeds, London or Manchester.
Please note that only those applicants who have a legal right to work in the UK and have an appropriate amount of practical relevant UK tax experience will be considered for this role. Additionally, candidates who are already registered with us will be automatically considered for this role and any other tax jobs in Sheffield, tax jobs in Leeds, tax jobs in London or tax jobs in Manchester.