Excellent opportunity for an experienced Indirect Tax Advisor to join a global investment bank as their VAT lead.
As the VAT Lead you will take ful responsibility for the banks indirect tax issues. The role will expose you to all areas of Indirect Tax and will also see you work on a number of projects across the business. This will include the renegotiation of the companies partial exemption agreement, making tax digital and Brexit planning.
* Provide technical advice to support areas on the VAT treatment of financial transactions.
* Providing regular training to business areas impacted by any regulatory, legislative or system changes for VAT and other operational taxes, including regular sessions with Accounts Payable/Receivable team.
* Responsible for the VAT and indirect tax compliance of the business, including: preparing and filing quarterly VAT returns, Stamp duty declarations, HMRC and other tax authority queries.
* Identification development and recommendations for improving the bank's VAT recovery and recommend controls around indirect Taxes.
* Financial Services experience is beneficial
* Ability to provide technical advice on VAT rules and their impacts on banks operations.
The Next Step:
Please contact Jelena McDonagh for a confidential discussion about this role.