Our client is a leading multinational business looking to hire a VAT Advisor (NEW CREATED ROLE) to join their london team.
* Global role - provision of indirect tax advice to our client global businesses.
* Lead role in managing indirect tax risk for the group from legislative developments in the territories were they operate.
* Review of trading contracts and other types of agreements to ensure that the wording of the tax clauses is appropriate and that indirect tax risks are managed effectively.
* Providing indirect tax advice on acquisitions, disposals and restructuring.
* Managing the ongoing review of the partial exemption methodology.
* Assisting with indirect tax controversy issues.
* Assisting with process improvements, including VAT reporting requirements for IT systems.
* Any other support as required by the Tax Advisory & TP Manager
* Supporting the indirect tax compliance team with the accurate submission of VAT return and other similar submissions
* A track record of providing VAT advice in professional practice or a multinational company
* Significant experience of VAT and other indirect taxes in a cross-border context (EU and non-EU), preferably gained in a commercial environment
* Experience of dealing with import/export reporting requirements for gas and power entering and leaving the EU
* Ability to embrace change with an open mind
* Ability to analyse problems and apply innovative solutions.
* Ability to proactively engage and build relationships with other departments.
* Assertive and diplomatic working style
* Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines
Diligent and dependable