Semi-Senior Accountant - National Accounting Practice - Stourbridge - Salary: £18k - £28k with study support
Your new company
This rapidly growing national accountancy practice has a new Semi-Senior Accountant position arising out of growth in client demand. It is the perfect training ground to continue your development within a general practice role, benefiting from local knowledge and national presence.
Clients include services companies and manufacturing, with the largest around £60m turnover.
Your new role
The role will include the following duties:
- preparing statutory accounts for unincorporated and incorporated businesses (sole traders, partnerships and limited companies)
- undertaking bookkeeping work
- preparing management accounts
- completing VAT returns
- preparing personal and corporate tax returns
- exposure to audit work
What you'll need to succeed
It is essential that you already have prior experience of working within an accountancy practice, ideally with a minimum of 3 years practice experience. Other key aspects include:
- AAT Qualified / ACCA Studier
- Exposure to general practice services
- Experience of using CCH accounts / Sage 50 / Sage 1 / Xero / Quickbooks would be preferable but not essential.
- A positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
What you'll get in return
- Salary package £18,000 - £28,000.
- Occupational pension scheme (3%).
- Professional study support for accounting qualifications (AAT / ACCA).
- Death in service benefit.
- 20 days annual leave (plus stat.) with future reviews to extend the annual leave limit to 25 days.
- Strong local public transport links.
- Free staff parking.
- 9am - 5pm working hours (some flexibility depending on circumstances).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.