Our client is a Dublin based, market leading technology business with a global footprint and offices in over 30 countries. Due to continued growth they now require a Tax Director to join their established team of experienced professionals.
Reporting into the Head of Tax there is an opportunity for an individual to join the tax team utilizing their skills as a Tax Director to supplement the experience and resources of the existing team. The successful candidate in the role will display strong attention to detail and organizational skills, experience both in tax technical issues and their practical application, and the ability to work proactively to ensure that the group's tax filings are completed accurately and on time.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Responsible for global tax compliance and planning (excluding North America)
* Monitor the changing international tax statutes for issues that are detrimental or present tax savings opportunities
* Working closing with our internal M&A team and advisors, designing and implementing tax planning strategies associated with acquisitions, restructurings, refinancing and other transactions as they arise
* Lead in management of audits by tax authorities, including responding to information requests and presenting detailed support of tax position as filed.
* Management of external vendors
* 10+ years of tax experience
* Experience leading a tax function
* Significant experience in tax planning and M&A
* Public accounting experience or large corporate experience required
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
You will be a very organized, self-motivated, individual with a proactive attitude and importantly someone who excels both independently and as part of a team. This role is visible across the whole group therefore needs someone who is confident in their communication and enjoys being driven by deadlines. The position will challenge your strong analytical skills as attention to detail is important to this role. You will need to be a strategic thinker with a long-term focus as this is a core part of our values and overall strategy.