Opportunity to join a Big 4 leading professional services firm, providing diverse opportunities and work patterns to suit a variety of requirements. This role sits within the North Regional tax team and is a fast-growing part of the organisations tax practice. If you’re dynamic and have a proven track record in tax this could be the job you’ve been waiting for. The strong and supportive leadership you will receive is second to none, and the marketplace you’ll encounter will be full of variety with a client and target base of UK listed, PE backed, inbound and family owned groups. The successful tax candidate will need to be a self-starter with a confident outward facing skillset willing to invest time and effort in the marketplace. This opportunity is based in Leeds City Centre and is Manager level.
The role involves a mix of tax advisory services, compliance management and business development. This will include:
• Managing client relationships and becoming the focal tax point of contact.
• Understanding the client's business and identifying areas for the provision of tax and other services.
• Managing the tax compliance process (delivered by their Tax Centre of Excellence)
• Driving the tax advice on a wide range of projects.
• Managing teams and coaching and developing staff.
• Ensuring all risk procedures are adhered to.
• Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
• Strong knowledge of UK corporate tax and an awareness of other tax and accounting areas. Large Corporate tax and/or international tax experience would be an advantage but is not a requirement
• Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
• High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
• Ability to work as part of a multifunctional team
• Strong task and team management skills
• Ability to build client relationships
• Good computational and excel skills
• Good technology skills
A stimulating work environment will help you achieve your aspirations and ambitions and you’ll benefit from a range of interesting rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday. If this sounds of interest, please apply today to be considered.
Please note that only those applicants who have a legal right to work in the UK and have an appropriate amount of practical relevant UK tax experience will be considered for this role. Additionally, candidates who are already registered with us will be automatically considered for this role and any other tax jobs in Leeds, or tax jobs in Yorkshire.