Tax Consultant, Private Markets & Wealth Management, Newcastle or Leeds
Permanent, flexible work options available
An opportunity to join a Global integrated professional services organisation providing Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. A Big 4 role working with either ultra-high net worth individuals or fund managers across all aspects of personal tax and with a focus on the taxation of non-UK domiciled individuals and related matters. The wider team is national across direct and indirect tax, and this role offers good prospects and opportunity to progress.
You will be supported by the wider tax practice in both private wealth and business tax and will be based in a Leeds or Newcastle office, with travel required for client-based projects. Whilst most clients are Regionally based, some time will be spent off-site with London and international based clients. This business spans the full range of tax activities and by integrating specialist areas when forging a team for the client, they can deliver the best advice to that client, wherever in the world they operate. Internally, the tax department is split into three main areas: Business Tax, Indirect Tax and Global Employer Services.
The firm’s consultative approach adds significant value to their clients’ businesses and makes a tangible difference to their profits. As a result, you’ll get to work with a variety of clients, across a wide range of industry sectors, from large multinational companies to entrepreneurs and other high net worth individuals. This variety of work means you’ll gain broad and in-depth knowledge of business. As well as providing coaching in key financial, business, consulting and legal skills, they will also give you all the support you need to gain valuable professional qualifications.
• Providing tax advice to high net worth individuals in relation to their complex personal tax affairs with a focus on non-UK domiciled individuals, often dealing with complex international wealth structures
• Management of tax compliance services
• Reporting to senior members of the team, including regular interaction with the partner group and managing and helping to develop more junior members of the team
• Taking responsibility for client relationships and liaising directly with clients and third parties
• If working in the funds space, advising fund managers on tax matters including carried interest and co-investment structuring, management incentivisation and deferral, and structuring of management entities
• This will also often involve advice on the interaction of carried interest and the remittance basis rules (particularly given recent changes)
• Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
• Good understanding of relevant tax legislation, being qualified ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification or experience
• Highly numerate with keen attention to detail
• Strong communication skills - both written and oral
• Ability to plan and prioritise workload, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Strong client engagement experience
• Able to take ownership and use initiative to resolve problems
• Ability to exercise appropriate level of judgement
• Drive and ambition to succeed and exceed our clients’ expectations and a pro-active approach to personal development
• Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
• Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment rapidly and to respond to clients appropriately in this context
• Good team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
• Experience of delegation and interest and skills to develop more junior members of the team
Please note that only those applicants who have a legal right to work in the UK and have an appropriate amount of practical relevant UK tax experience will be considered for this role. Additionally, candidates who are already registered with us will be automatically considered for this role and any other tax jobs in Leeds, or tax jobs in Newcastle.