Wealth & investment management firm now looking for a Senior Tax Manager.
Your new company
My client is a wealth and investment management that offers local relationship banking, advice and investment management o personal and corporate customers. The groups success is evident from the significant organic growth achieved in recent years, and they now have more than £3.4 billion of client funds under management and administration as at 31 December 2017. For over 25 years we have been trusted by investors such as FTSE 100 directors, entrepreneurs, leading UK charities, pension funds, private equity partners and hedge fund managers.
Your new role
The private client tax team enjoys high quality client work on behalf of HNWIs, non-UK domiciliaries, charitable trusts, business owners and both onshore and offshore trusts. As a Private Client Tax Senior Manager, with at least 5 years post-CTA qualified experience, you will be familiar with providing advice, including income tax, CGT and IHT issues, to private clients in person, as well as working closely with wider colleagues as part of an integrated client service team. The ability to oversee the more complex tax compliance and advisory projects will be advantageous for this position.
Managing both the tax advisory and compliance needs of a portfolio of complex High Net Worth personal and trust clients in accordance with the risk management procedures of the Company
* Working with Client Directors to provide tax advisory services to existing integrated Wealth Management clients
* Meeting clients and prospects to help grow the tax compliance and tax advisory offering
Taking personal responsibility for the completion of tax returns of specifically allocated clients, and where necessary, assisting with the review and completion of the overall portfolio of 850+ tax returns (individual, trustee and partnership)
* Help raise the profile of the tax team internally and work with Client Directors and the groups branch network to understand how they can identify opportunities and add value to their existing client relationships
* Seeking to develop new ad-hoc tax advisory projects either from referrals from Client Directors, the groups Branch network, or as a result of own efforts
* Assist with training and development of the the groups Wealth Management population as well as the groups branch staff as necessary
* Identify opportunities, and adding value to existing and new clients
* Reviewing and opining on the tax characteristics of particular investments to assist the Investment Management Team
What you'll need to succeed
* CTA qualified
* Preferably 5+ years PQE
* Experience of working in a Private Client Team in practice or a private banking environment
* Proven ability to deliver complex advice and manage clients
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.