Our client, a global banking institution is looking for a country Tax Lead based in Malta. You will report to the Country CFO and be responsible for all aspects of tax, including but not limited to key management areas such as Tax Transparency, FATCA and CRS.Your role is the ensure this institution is fully compliant with its international regulatory commitments and the Group policies in relation to tax and managing tax risk.
* Tax Transparency - work across multiple business lines Retail, Wealth and Commercial to mitigate and monitor tax evasion risk
* Liaise with Group Head of Tax Reporting and the Heads of Tax for each business line based in HQ to ensure effective and accurate policy and procedure in mitigating tax risk
* Advise the Country Committee on tax transparency issues
* Develop and shape the country tax agenda in the context of international considerations
* Be the key point of contact for local tax authorities
* Work with the Risk Management team around Group Tax Risk Policy
* Work with the Tax Compliance team to provide support and ensure Group Tax policies are implemented
* Provide tax advice internally to the business in respect to new products, processes, inter-company transactions and related tax implications for the Bank.