£155m turnover global education provider looking to recruit a Corporate Tax Manager for 9 month FTC.
Your new company
Global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate, postgraduate degree programmes and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online learning platforms.
Your new role
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Corporate tax compliance - filing of tax returns and quarterly payment on account
* Periodic reporting and tax accounting provision
* Support/provide Tax notes for Financial Statements and support audit process
* Line management of a junior member of staff.
* Support international tax compliance in set up of new corporate ventures (current tax compliance work in mainly Malaysia and China)
* Assist in preparing group transfer pricing, controlled foreign companies and PE policies as well as auditing them on a regular basis.
* Annual PSA return
* Scope for exposure to quarterly VAT returns and liaise with external advisors
* Support HR department as when required
* Keep up to date with any new regulatory legislation
What you'll need to succeed
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Strong background in reporting tax numbers and preparing formal disclosures under UK GAAP.
* Qualified accountant trained within an accountancy practise.
* Strong background in corporate tax of a UK Group.
* Not afraid to get into the detail of the compliance and reporting
* Experience of dealing with HMRC corporation tax enquiries
* Understanding the need of overseas businesses for withholding taxes
* Tax software skills and strong user of excel workbooks for reporting needs. Current software in use is OneSource, general ledger is Microsoft AX.
* In-house corporate tax experience
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.