* Overall responsibility for global tax developments relevant to the business and implementation of any necessary actions/responses, including effective communication of risk and opportunities to non-experts.
* Managing the firm's relationship with external tax advisors, auditors and tax authorities, as well as working collaboratively with various internal teams on tax-related matters.
* Responsibility for setting and managing tax cost budgets.
* Responsibility for all tax-matters relating to UK Limited Liability Partnerships.
* Managing the tax compliance and monthly tax accounting, including corporation tax, VAT and transfer pricing, for the various UK and overseas management entities and fund entities.
* Involvement with new product and fund launches, including tax structuring advice, investor due diligence, obtaining tax rulings and other ad hoc projects.
* Membership of Loan Approval Committee to provide tax sign-off for private debt transactions.
* Responding to and investigating any ad hoc withholding and capital gains tax queries.
* Overseeing tax certification and investor tax reporting process for various funds.
* Provide Tax support to HR as and when required, including personal tax matters.
* Daily supervision and management of Tax Analyst
* Proven experience and detailed knowledge of UK and international tax regimes (principally US and Luxembourg) within the context of the Asset Management industry.
* Chartered Accountant (e.g. ACA, ACCA) and/or Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) qualification.
* Strong academic record with proven numerical and analytical ability.
* Excellent communication skills including the ability to regularly interact with senior management and investors and foster and maintain good relationships across the firm
* Prior management experience, promoting successful team performance in line with strategic objectives
* Acts with integrity, due skill, care and diligence in carrying out the role.
* Responds quickly and positively to change and maintains effectiveness throughout.
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.