To provide high quality VAT advice to clients and provide internal VAT support to colleagues
My Client is an exceptional Accountancy Practice based in Swindon. They have a great company ethos and culture, offering flexibility, variety and autonomy.
The Key Responsibilities for this VAT Manager role based in Swindon are:
* To provide high quality practical, commercial advice on complex VAT issues in plain English, to a range of clients (from small OMBs to AIM listed companies).
* To actively identify opportunities for VAT services and promote them internally and externally.
* To manage VAT planning projects to ensure efficient and effective delivery to deadlines.
* To negotiate with HMRC on VAT disputes.
* To deal with all VAT aspects of company sales and acquisitions, including carrying out due diligence, review of DD, review of sale and purchase agreement, and providing practical advice.
* To provide internal support for VAT queries from staff.
* To ensure all fees are agreed in advance and are billed promptly.
The successful candidate for this VAT Manager role based in Swindon will have the following experience:
* Extensive expertise and practical experience specialising solely in VAT
* Track record of promoting VAT advice to clients proactively
* Confident user of IT including Word and Excel
* Able to lead and manage a team
* Experience in excise duties
* Effective communication skills
* Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
* Able to work in an organised manner to strict deadlines - planning, diary management, department systems set up and maintained
Base Salary up to £50,000 (Experience Depending)
Great Benefits Package
Flexible working hours
Working across a varied portfolio with autonomy