Your new company
I'm working with a professional services business based in the West End that is going through a very exciting period of growth. With regional offices as well as an international offering their traditional client base is ultra-high net worth or large corporates with complex international affairs.
Having recently made a very large acquisition they have ambitious plans to grow the taxation and accountancy business. As a result they are looking for an experienced tax professional to contribute to the development of their growing Tax Department in an advisory capacity with some involvement in compliance matters.
The Taxation team deals with a mixed portfolio of UHNWI and corporate clients with tax matters ranging from corporation tax, personal tax, OMBs, land tax transactions and indirect tax. This is a mixed tax position therefore it will suit an individual with either a private client or corporation tax background who is interested in broadening their technical specialism and learn new areas of taxation.
The team is looking for an individual who will deal with compliance work and eventually become involved in advisory and planning projects.
Your new role
* Handing a wide range of tax compliance matters for the client portfolio including personal tax returns, partnership returns and corporation tax returns;
* Completion of tax returns and tax reporting for individuals and onshore and offshore companies;
* Corresponding with HMRC, clients and other third parties regarding the on-going management of the clients' tax affairs;
* Dealing with on-boarding of new clients, registering clients for annual tax filings and dealing with the closure of corporate entities, filing final tax returns and de-registration;
* Ability to assist with HMRC enquiries and prepare correspondence;
* Confidently deal with client enquires, produce explanatory letters regarding HMRC;
* Has the ability to identify tax planning and/or tax relief opportunities when analysing data to prepare tax returns;
* Filing P11D's, notifying clients when payments are due, arranging repayments and maintaining schedules of tax information for each client;
* Assisting with the billing and ensuring that the internal client workflow records are up-to-date; and
* The individual will have exposure to EU and international tax planning advisory work with the opportunity to take on more advisory responsibility in the future.
What you'll need to succeed
* Degree educated from a reputable university
* ATT qualified or equivalent
* 2-3 years tax experience in a professional services firm
* Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
* Service orientated
* Organised, pro-active and able to make decisions supported by explanations
* Awareness of KYC/AML compliance
* Strong IT skills with previous exposure to tax, legal or finance professional software products
* Ability to maintain know-how and keep up-to-date with new tax legislation
* Strong written and verbal communication skills - Ambitious, motivated and a team player
* Excellent numeracy skills