Tax Manager for a Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants - based in Southend on Sea, Essex
My client is a top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants that provide a full range of accounting and advisory services to a diverse range of clients across the UK.
A vacancy has arisen for a Tax Manager to join their Southend office. This is a permanent role and reports directly in to the Tax Partner. You will be responsible for managing and mentoring a team offering a wide range of Personal Tax services to a varied portfolio of clients (both UK and Offshore). Work is varied and will include planning and advisory work around Capital Gains Tax, Income Tax, Inheritance Tax, Trusts and Estates as well as Overseas Taxation and tax compliance.
* Assist with leading the planning and delivery of private client tax services with the Regional Tax Partner and Partners within the Office.
* Develop strong working relationships with allocated clients through assignments and regular contact, including attending client meetings where necessary.
* Undertake specialist assignments, coordinating all relevant input to meet client needs, compliance standards and budget.
* Prepare tax returns, computations and support the Office by highlighting any possible issues and producing appropriate information.
* Resolve tax issues and produce complete tax files.
* Undertake reviews of returns and correspondence, proactively supporting the personal tax team.
* Provide feedback for team members, following assignments to support the development of team skills and knowledge and continually improve the quality and delivery of work.
* Review assignments undertaken within the private client team, provide coaching and address outstanding issues appropriately.
* Identify additional support or services appropriate to client's circumstances and introduce other specialists where necessary.
* Meeting new clients and helping to grow the tax services offered by Wilkins Kennedy
* Ensure all deadlines are met within a timely manner for own work and that of others in the team
* To be involved in supervision, training and development of the team
To be considered for this role candidates must have previous tax experience in a similar role within a practice environment with exposure to range of complex assignments. Formal qualification such as CTA / ACA / ACCA is a prerequisite for this position. Experience of supervising, coaching and mentoring a team is also essential.
Candidates must possess exceptional organisation skills and have the ability to manage a portfolio effectively, manage workloads and meet client expectations.