Our People Advisory Services business (PAS) is focused on helping our clients gain a competitive people advantage in all its facets - reward management, global mobility, HR transformation, legislative compliance and much more.
PAS has five key areas: Mobility, Reward, Talent, Systems and Performance.
In Mobility, we help our clients manage the complex compliance and reporting risks inherent in deploying a globally mobile workforce and obtain the best value from this vital talent.
Working in Mobility at EY offers fantastic opportunities to develop client relationships early on in your career and to be involved in the day to day delivery and management of relationships across a broad range of issues above and beyond tax compliance and advisory.
We are looking to grow our Mobility Services delivery team with a Tax Advisor who will be intrinsic in delivering high quality services to our clients.
Your key responsibilities
- Supporting the delivery of compliance services to our clients.
- Building and maintaining tax relationships with clients and providing consistently high levels of client service.
- Facilitating workflow to colleagues in the UK and our offshore compliance processing centre.
- Ensuring technical excellence across work delivered.
- Working with our clients, and specialist colleagues, to improve the quality of global compensation data and assist our clients in becoming ready for Making Tax Digital.
- Adherence to Quality and Risk Management processes.
- Coaching and motivating colleagues.
Skills and attributes for success
- Experienced expatriate tax practitioner
- Enthusiastic and energetic; able to embrace new ways of working.
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Strong technical skills and keen to develop further
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Project management skills, plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ATT/ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA/Law qualification (or equivalent)
- Ability to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
- Client focused and commercially aware
- Relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
- Ability to solve problems creatively and pragmatically
- Excellent communicator in range of situations both written and oral
Ideally, you’ll also have:
Experience working within professional services
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.