This multi-national industrial conglomerate has established a global head office in West London. Publicly listed, and with revenues approaching $1bn, it has operations in Europe, Americas, Africa and Asia.
Reporting directly to the Global Head of Tax, you will take ownership of the quarterly tax reporting process. As part of the role, you will work closely with Regional Tax teams in Europe, the US as well as the Finance teams in other locations around the world.
Key duties will include:
• To review and provide independent verification of the quarterly and year end US GAAP FAS109 reporting positions for all required reporting groups, working closely with other Tax team members especially in London, as well as liaison with local finance teams across various jurisdictions.
• Review the Uncertain Tax provisions and draft supporting briefing notes for internal management (including the Audit Committee and Boards) and the external auditors as well as forming a key part of the relationship with the external auditors on tax provision activity.
• Lead a thorough review of the policies, process and systems (including software) used for US GAAP (and potentially local tax) reporting across the regions and their documentation including recommendations for improvement and implementation.
• Responsible for the review of Tax SoX processes and controls, with quarterly and annual sign-off and sub certification requirements and leading documentation, with a view to recommending improvements and maintenance of best practice on an ongoing basis.
• To liaise with Accounting and other members of the Tax team and advisers in respect of the preparation of the tax information to be disclosed in the local statutory accounts for various regions including deferred and corporate tax accounting under IFRS/UK GAAP for the UK group for inclusion in the UK statutory accounts.
• To work with the team and/or external advisers to review, document and better improve the Withholding tax compliance process.
• To assist the Tax and Accounting teams in respect of any potential restructuring and the impact for reporting and compliance and in coordinating ad hoc projects such as software implementation and support of local audit requirements often arising in a SSC organization.
• 5 years + Big 4 (equivalent) and/or in-house experience
• Proven track record of working in IFRS & US GAAP reporting environment
• US listed business experience preferred
• SOX / Internal Controls framework experience preferred
• UK and or US tax background
• Analytically strong, team-player with curiosity for our business operations
• Car allowance
• Discretionary bonus
• Opportunity to shape own role
• Defined contribution pension scheme
For a confidential discussion contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners: