Working in our Indirect Tax department will give you the opportunity to guide clients through the complexities of indirect tax matters. This involves advising clients on the correct VAT treatment of transactions, helping to ensure efficient VAT compliance at both a detailed and strategic level whilst minimising any risk of interest or penalties
Roles and Responsibilities
For each client, working as a member of the client service team to provide Indirect Tax Advisory services including
- Involvement in indirect tax advisory work (both domestic and international) on client portfolio
- Discussing new tax issues and opportunities with clients
- Working with specialists to deliver expertise to the local market
- Responding appropriately to requests from clients for other company services
- Keeping internal control records up to date and ensuring compliance with quality control procedures
- Carrying out VAT reviews to identify tax risks and opportunities.
- Ensuring fees are raised regularly, identifying situations where overruns can be billed and assisting Senior Managers and Partners in billing for advisory work
- Supervising the work of junior members of staff
- Sound knowledge of UK VAT legislation
- Project managing cross border teams and UK client service teams on advisory projects as required. This involves liaising with specialists, overseas member firms and external advisers to deliver successful projects and expertise to those clients.
- Ability to keep up to date technically
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.