A great in-house role with this global brand. Pitched at experienced Manager/ Senior Manager level you will be responsible for all VAT related matters that impact the business including advising the business on VAT efficient and compliant structures and supply chains, VAT reporting, and managing Tax Authority VAT audits.
Key responsibilities include:
• Support business projects, restructurings, including acquisitions and disposals
• Liaison with finance, Legal, Supply Chain, Trade Affairs, Customs etc and other Third Party advisors, to resolve queries
• Document, test and review VAT Treatment of all business flows
• Responsible for support on testing of new and / or changes to business flows
• Liaising with all Business Groups, Legal, Supply Chain, Trade Affairs, Customs etc to understand and advise in the design of efficient supply chains that fully comply with these legal obligations
• Monitor Regional & Business Group processes and SAP set up of business flows to ensure VAT compliance.
• Leading a team of VAT experts, managing VAT returns in Europe together with third party Business Process Outsourcers (BPO’s) both onshore and offshore whilst minimising potential VAT liability.
• Accountable for all VAT compliance reports (VAT returns, EC sales lists, intrastats (ad hoc reports as required by local legislation) to third party business provider to ensure VAT return deadlines and compliance with VAT SOX processes.
• Provide effective VAT advice to the business on VAT implications for business flows, structuring and other issues as required.
• Identify, test and implement efficiencies in the system to minimise VAT costs to the business. Provide testing support to new projects in SAP.
• Deliver training to business divisions, according to need; to ensure reporting information flowing to VAT team is as accurate as possible.
• Raise awareness of the importance and relevance of VAT within the business in order to optimize VAT recoverability.
To apply you will need to have in-depth European Indirect Tax experience, and ideally have experience in managing a small team. For further information including a full job spec please get in contact.