The day to day duties will include:
* Managing the company's corporate and personal tax portfolio (approximately 150 corporate clients and 210 personal clients); manage workflow, delegate to staff members, review personal and corporate tax returns and ensure all statutory deadlines are met.
* Providing mixed tax and accounting advice to owner-managed businesses; advisory work that typically relates to efficient profit extraction, incorporation planning, capital allowances, managing personal service company risk ('IR35'), capital gains tax planning, HMRC enquiries, R&D, residency, changes to property income rules and other ad hoc tax issues as they arise.
* Assisting on statutory accounts compliance review files and provide feedback to the accounts staff, prepare the statutory accounts files for a small number of our larger or more complex clients as and when required.
* Assisting with the practice management of the company including regulatory matters such as ICAEW Professional Standards, client engagement/disengagement procedures and Anti Money Laundering Regulations.
* Managing the Tax Fee Protection service to clients including assisting with the marketing of the service to clients, and managing the ongoing relationship with the provider.