Global bank, with an outstanding reputation - now looking to recruit a VAT specialist - based in Canary Wharf
Your new company
Global bank with an outstanding reputation.
Your new role
The role sits in a team that covers the tax advice and tax risk globally for the wide range of businesses conducted including trading, investment banking, private banking, asset management, treasury, custody services, fund services and commodities.
This is a VAT advisory led role together with some VAT compliance responsibilities for EMEA activities. This role will be to support the senior manager on the advisory functions for the lines of business across various locations.
* Provision of technical advice to the lines of business in various jurisdictions;
* Assist in review of new products and new business initiatives;
* Implementation of best practice across lines of business;
* Partial exemption methodologies;
* Brexit planning;
* Liaising with legal and accounting firms for best advice.
What you'll need to succeed
* Strong communication skills.
* Attention to detail.
* Team player.
* Ability to work autonomously but also willing to work under instruction.
* Comfortable working within a demanding, fast-paced environment
* Be able to work with all levels within the organisation
Requirements for the candidate:
* CTA Qualified (indirect tax route) or equivalent relevant professional qualification.
* Good technical knowledge of UK and EU VAT law.
* Previous financial services experience.
* Ideally, professional experience within either:
* "Big 4" or top tier private practice firm
* Law firm
* An international financial services business
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.