A private client tax team that has seen growth by 30% in terms of t/o. They are a well know firm in the area with regional offices too.
A top 10 accountancy firm.
The private client team has circa 50 people in it and they are known to be the growth team of the year. The firm has low staff turnover and develops talent.
Dynamic working is promoted and the culture is including.
* To actively promote the tax function internally and externally by attending meetings, building and developing good working relationships with colleagues, intermediaries and other networks to develop further opportunities and business over time
* Work as part of a team to manage an existing portfolio of clients and develop a new client list by overseeing the delivery of a full compliance and advisory service to these clients
* Assist partners in providing a pro-active tax advice service to existing clients, and generally support cross-discipline advice by working with other teams
* Leading or assisting with tax consultancy assignments
* Resolution of private client queries without direct supervision from the partners
* Understand client needs and communicate with them in layman's terms
* Manage and delegate effectively to staff of a suitable level and provide technical support
* Review work completed by others as appropriate, including high level technical reviews of the tax compliance.
* Undertake necessary administrative duties as may be required to manage the portfolio of clients
* Control WIP and oversee billing arrangements for a portfolio of clients including reviewing fee proposals, agreeing fees with partners / clients, issuing fees and debt collection
* Agree and negotiate with clients regarding the fees per engagement
* Provide input for policy setting, systems implementation and controls for the department
* Mentor and develop junior members of the team within the department
* Continuously monitor staff performance, identifying causes for concern and devising appropriate action plans with partners/HR as appropriate.
* Assist the partners business development to maximise fee income and develop the portfolio of clients
* Seek opportunities for marketing the department, promoting its services, developing contacts and making introductions wherever possible
* Assist with developing and implementing the strategy for the department
* Proven specialist technical private client experience gained within a practice environment is essential.
* Proven experience providing tax planning advice and solutions to high net worth individuals
* Excellent technical, problem solving and analytical skills
* Experience of UK resident non domicile planning, Owner Managed Businesses, entrepreneurs and international private clients is desirable
* CTA qualification desirable, an accountancy or legal qualification or a membership of STEP
would be an advantage
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Experience of complex cases and consultancy work
* Previous people management experience
* Strong organisational and time management skills
* Proven planning and prioritising skills
* Able to meet deadlines, multi task and work under pressure with accuracy and focus
* Competent at using MS office; Word and Excel
* Competent at using CCH would be an advantage