This is an international tax advisory role, focused on the provision of professional advice for a number of tax critical projects and transactions in EMEA. There will also be an opportunity to cover for front office tax support and provide tax internal approvals.
* Tax technical lead in areas such as hybrids, interest restriction, bank levy, loss restriction rules.
* International tax analysis (including CFC analysis, PE risk, cross border contract/term negotiation).
* Tax analysis for reorganisations and restructuring, including with respect to capital and funding planning.
* Providing tax advice as part of strategic projects.
* Co-ordination with external advisers and tax colleagues in the US and Asia regarding cross-border transactions.
* Monitoring changes in tax law and analysing impact on businesses
* Liaison with the compliance and reporting team to ensure correct treatment of transactions in tax returns and audits
* Developing and monitoring internal controls to manage tax risk
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
* Professional qualification (Accountant/Lawyer/CTA) or equivalent
* Financial services tax experience preferred (e.g. in another bank, accountancy or law firm)
* Good tax technical knowledge, with a strong UK corporate tax background.
* Ability to build good working relationships with business, Finance and Legal
* Ability to deliver complex tax advice in a clear and precise commercial manner
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.