The role holder will be a senior member of the Tax group, responsible for assisting the VAT Partner in servicing clients, directing Tax services and managing people within the Tax department.
* Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the partner. This will include responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients
* Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria
* Regular involvement with tax planning and complex tax issues in conjunction with Partners/Directors
* Fulfil a consultancy role on ad hoc projects within their field of specialist knowledge
* Ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/partner informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
* Ensure that the Firm's quality control procedures are adhered to including second partner review
* Responsible for the review and delivery for the final advice to clients, subject to sign off from Partners
* Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.