Accountant (Tax & Accounting)
Your new company
A well renowned small practice in Belfast who are growing at a steady rate, forward thinking and digitally focused.
Your new role
You will carry out a key role within the Tax and Accounting team. This is a varied role between Tax Compliance (Personal & Corporate) and Accounts Preparation
* Preparation of Financial Statements (from Trial Balance or Client books and records) for limited companies, sole-traders, charities and partnerships.
* Manage, prepare and present monthly management accounts;
* Preparation of Budgets;
* High level of competence in bookkeeping, record keeping and control accounts using digital systems eg Xero, Sage, Quickbooks
* Preparation of Corporation Tax Computations and Corporation Tax Returns, where applicable, including iXBRL tagging and filing with HM Revenue & Customs;
* Preparation and submission of VAT returns, CT61s and Personal Tax returns.
You will also work closely with Clients and manage budgets set for assignments. Maintaining a high level of competence in digital systems, keeping up to date with technical knowledge, Tax legislation and accounting standards is an important element of the role. You will also mentor and coach Junior staff as well as reviewing their work.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a Qualified Accountant and have experience within a Practice environment across Tax and Accounts preparation. You will be willing to learn and develop with the firm and take ownership over your own career.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to broaden their experience with a varied role across Tax and Accounting whilst taking more ownership over their client portfolio. My client is offering a competitive salary along with other relevant benefits. You will enjoy working closely with a diverse client portfolio, a high level of autonomy and real progression prospects with this progressive and forwarding thinking firm in Belfast.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.