Our client is looking to looking for an all-round accountant to join their practice in Reading due to recent expansion.
The duties include:
* maintain accounting records and prepare accounts and management information for small businesses (accountancy)
* Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
* Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
* Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
* Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
* Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
* advise clients on tax planning (within current legislation to enable them to minimise their tax liability) and tax issues associated with activities such as business acquisitions and mergers
* Ad hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate will have:
* Be qualified to ACCA or equivalent
* Have experience in a Practice Environment
* Good oral and written communication skills
* The ability to work as part of a team
* Excellent analytical and numerical abilities
* Sound business knowledge
* Accuracy and an eye for detail.