The PwC Mergers and Acquisitions Tax (“M&A Tax”) team has a market-leading reputation, with an enviable client list consisting of top and mid-tier private equity houses and blue chip corporate groups, infrastructure groups, pension and sovereign wealth funds.The team is focussed on advising on a wide range of UK and international transactions including acquisitions, leveraged buy-outs, refinancings, disposals, IPOs and public-to-private transactions. Many of the transactions we advise on are high-profile in nature.The team consists of a forward thinking and pragmatic group of people who enjoy working in a dynamic and challenging environment.We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager to work within our M&A Management Team Advisory Group (“MTAG”).
The MTAG market segment works closely with senior members of a business’ management team or key contacts within a Private Equity house, ensuring that the management team’s interests are considered, tax implications for employees shareholders are managed and that the objectives of management and the private equity house are aligned in the context of a transaction. Due to the sensitive nature of their work, the success of the MTAG business is driven by and dependent on the strengths of their networks and personal relationships.
In order to help the team to grow we’re looking for someone who can do the following:
• Lead and contribute to team success• Build and develop client relationships and opportunities• Develop self and others• Consistently exceed client expectations helping them negotiate and solve problems.• Lead and project manage complex projects, coach and provide guidance to team members• Absorb and share knowledge whilst retaining a creative and innovative mind-set• Act with the best interests of the firm in mind• Think and act commerciallyThe predominant focus of MTAG is tax planning project work undertaken during a transaction and ad hoc advisory work.The key issues that we look at are in relation to management shareholders and frequently involve working with our international network.
Our work focuses on both acquisitions, disposals, re-structuring and refinancing projects and we work closely with Corporate Finance, Business Recovery Services, Legal, Tax Valuations and the Corporate tax M&A teams within PwC. We are typically engaged directly by private equity houses, by management shareholders of a company or by the company directly.You should be able to act in a lead role supporting client teams on technical research and report writing, review and interpretation of the legislation, as well as tailoring specific existing planning ideas to meet an individual client’s need and circumstances.You will be required to build and sustain client relationship(s), taking responsibility for leading relationships, managing and controlling the deliverables and deadlines, coordinating various overseas teams, handling day to day queries and establishing yourself as a trusted adviser/primary point of contact.In addition to client work you will be exposed to and involved in helping to support and lead our business /client specific development initiatives, involvement in networking events, proposal meetings and marketing seminars.
• Opportunity for working from home? – Yes, depending on client projects
• Amount of time client based – 20%
• Opportunity for job sharing? - No
• Need to travel/overnight stays away from home – occasionally, subject to client meetings
• Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? - Yes
• Amount of time PwC office based (80%)
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
• CTA qualified or ACA qualified
• Strong technical ability and analytical skills
• Tax and private client or expatriate experience
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Commercial awareness
• Ability to lead and develop others
• Good networking skills and the ability to work under time pressure is also important in the M&A MTAG environment.Some transaction experience, whilst not essential, would be desirable together with strong excel skills.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity