Change Recruitment Group are working with a leading and prestigious Chartered Accountancy firm to assist them in the hire of a Newly Qualified Tax Senior / Assistant Manager for a very interesting and varied role for their Corporate Tax team in Glasgow. This role is very much a client facing role where you will be in charge of your own portfolio of clients and managing these relationships directly. There is a high degree of flexibility with this team and you could be offered a portfolio of entrepreneurial and owner-managed clients up to large corporate international entities.
One of the main selling points for this opportunity is that it is an advisory role with very little, if any, compliance work expected. One other selling point is that the role is quite project focused and can include exposure to other areas of tax outside of Corporate Tax, including Private Equity, M&A, capital Allowances, R&D etc.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Proactively managing a portfolio of clients, reporting to Managers and above
· Establishing effecting working relationships directly with clients
· Being proactively involved in the financial management of clients
· Contributing to the development of personal and team knowledge
· Building your own network of contacts through regular attendance at internal and external meetings
· Keeping up-to-date with local and national business and economic issues that might potentially impact on clients and /or their industry
· Being actively involved in business development activities to some degree whether identifying and researching opportunities on new/existing clients or, if comfortable, participating directly alongside more senior team members in new business meetings
· Mentoring junior members of staff
· Opportunity to work with specialists in all areas of tax i.e. Private Equity, Listed, Inbound, M&A, Capital Allowances, R&D, Indirect, Pensions, Reward & Employment etc.
· Exposure to Corporate Tax gained from a Public Practice environment is essential
· Minimum 3 years’ experience Public Practice experience i.e. Big 4, top 10, Mid-Tier practice
· Must hold a full professional accountancy qualification i.e. ATT / CA / CTA etc.
· Someone who has a general practice background with some tax exposure to either corporate and / or personal tax will also be considered
· Keen interest in how the taxation system impacts both corporate and private clients alike and wants to develop their knowledge further
· Strong risk awareness, organisational, people and communication skills