A leading professional services firm is looking for an Equity Reward Assistant Manager with experience advising on the tax and legal aspects of incentive arrangements to work primarily on the design, implementation and tax advisory aspects of incentive arrangements, to be based in Leeds.
This firm prides itself on creating a friendly and supportive work environment, offering its employees unrivalled opportunities for career development and advancement. The successful candidate will benefit from a very generous compensation package alongside a range of flexible working options to achieve a comfortable work-life balance.
Responsibilities will include:
• Conducting employment-related securities tax due diligence on a target companies for a potential sale or IPO.
• Assisting with the design of new tax-efficient employee incentives for private companies.
• Advising private equity investors or management teams on the structuring of new management incentive arrangement to be offered as part of a transaction.
• Drafting a ‘traditional’ share plan or cash bonus plan for a listed companies.
• Undertaking a global tax review of existing incentive arrangements for global businesses.
• Responding to ad hoc queries on the operation of various tax rules, including liaising with other functions or overseas colleagues where necessary.
• Assisting with undertaking a tax valuation of private company shares
• Assisting with tax technical research/product development
• Delivering technical training to junior team members or other peers in other areas.
Candidates must have the following skills and experience:
• A relevant professional qualification; ACA/CTA/ATT qualified (or equivalent)
• Experience advising on plan design, drafting plan documents and advising on the tax/legal aspects of share plans and other employee incentive arrangements, including experience of advising on the share plans aspects of M&A transactions; ideally including experience of private equity arrangements and share plan accounting
• Be team player who enjoys working with people from different backgrounds and disciplines
• Intellectual curiosity, an analytical mindset and a willingness to learn, with an eye for detail and pride for their work
• Ability to deliver a great service to their clients
• Skilled at building relationships and can spot and develop new opportunities, both within the firm's network and externally
• Flexibility and the ability to deal with a fluid, dynamic work environment
• A desire to get involved with business development activities including client proposals, internal and external presentations and writing articles and alerts on technical and other matters
• A hunger for career progression
Apply now through etaxjobs or contact Joe McWilliam at Wilkinson Partners for more information.