A leading professional services firm is looking for a talented Employment Tax Senior Manager with experience advising on the tax and legal aspects of employment matters including National Minimum Wage governance, employment status, reward, payroll effectiveness and expenses and benefits compliance, to be based in Manchester. The firm is a market leader in UK Tax, and this position has arisen following exceptional growth and success in recent years.
This firm prides itself on creating a friendly and supportive work environment, offering its employees unrivalled opportunities for career development and advancement. The successful candidate will benefit from a very generous compensation package alongside a range of flexible working options to achieve a comfortable work-life balance.
Responsibilities will include:
• Managing work in relation to a wide variety of employment tax advisory projects, varying from larger strategic projects through to risk and opportunity reviews
• Managing employer compliance activities relating to areas such as employment status decisions, PAYE health checks, SAO certification, HMRC’s “Know Your Customer” reviews, voluntary disclosures, PAYE Settlement Agreements and running projects relating to payroll advisory such as National Minimum Wage reviews.
• Taking responsibility for a suite of business development and marketing activities, both internally and externally
• Identifying and winning new work opportunities
• Taking responsibility for managing and delivering work to a high standard and meeting tight deadlines
• Leading teams of people including coaching and developing staff
• Leading negotiations and other interactions with external bodies such as HMRC
• Owning and proactively dealing with engagement management aspects of project delivery including work in progress, billing and risk procedures and with consideration for the financial and commercial implications when making difficult decisions
The successful candidate must display the following qualities:
• Ideal (but not essential) CTA, ACA, CPA or CA qualified
• Minimum 7 years experience in employment tax or similar
• Able to negotiate effectively by emphasising potential benefits of a suggested approach
• Provides compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems.
• Provides persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner.
• Applies sound judgement when faced with challenging decisions
• Demonstrates perseverance and tenacity in the face of setbacks
• Identifies and pursues business opportunities
• Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work and guides others around best work practice
• Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
• Continuously learns from experiences; seeks out feedback and development opportunities
• Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback; coaches less experienced colleagues
• Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
• Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
• Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
• Thorough understanding of practical Employment Tax compliance including familiarity with either determining employment status (public sector client experience desirable but not essential) or National Minimum Wage compliance.
Apply now through etaxjobs or contact Joe McWilliam at Wilkinson Partners for more information.