This newly created Group Tax Manager position will be responsible for all European (UK, Germany, Switzerland, Ireland) tax requirements in a varied role. Reporting to the Head of Finance (Europe) and US Group Tax you will have a significant degree of autonomy and be expected to lead on all aspects of tax.
A global financial investment management leader offering a wide range of financial products and services.
Key responsibilities include:
* Improving the tax effectiveness of existing or proposed business transactions to achieve tax cost efficiencies where possible
* Working on tax authority audits and inspections with the Head of Finance (Europe) and local business units
* Tax accounting, planning and forecasting for the European entities
* Review, planning and implementation of designated projects (e.g. mergers and acquisitions, business disposals, group reorganisations)
* Establishing and monitoring Tax Policies and Guidelines and sharing of best practices for the European entities
* Proactive involvement in any M&A activity pre completion
* Work with and assist as necessary any acquired entity post completion to ensure that they meet group standards
* Transfer Pricing and Country-by-Country Reporting
* Work closely with all business units to provide advice and respond to ad hoc queries on a range of tax related matters
* Evaluation of new tax laws and practices together with impact assessment on the Principal group structure
* Forging positive business relationships with external advisors, lawyers, auditors, external advisors, tax authorities and internal business partners at all levels
* Managing the compliance relationship with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) including overseeing overall timely and accurate submission of all external UK direct tax compliance obligations.
* Qualified tax advisor or accountant (CTA, ACA or ACCA) with experience of corporation tax gained in a Multinational group or accountancy firm.
* Up to date technical knowledge of UK tax.
* Understanding of taxation in the European jurisdictions in which the Group operates
* Competent with Microsoft Word and Excel
* Ability to work across a matrix environment where collaboration is a crucial skill
* Problem solving, analytical and project management skills
* Must be able to problem solve to ensure the efficient reporting of the group's tax charge within tight deadlines. The ability to consistently and accurately meet deadlines is essential for this.
* Will be required to obtain advice and explanations from external advisors and internal tax and accounting teams both in the UK and overseas and form a view on the positions taken by the group.
* Will have a significant degree of autonomy and be expected to lead on all aspects of tax.
£75,000 - £90,000 + Benefits & Bonus