This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading, big brand business with one of the most prestigious finance teams in the South Manchester area. It's a rare in-house mixed tax/accounts position that will give the successful candidate the opportunity to gain a real breadth of experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading, big brand business with one of the most prestigious finance teams in the North West. The business is based near the Altrincham / South Manchester area.
* Preparing monthly VAT returns and assisting with various tax related tasks
* Responsible for the preparation of annual Pay Settlement Agreements (PSA) and Plld's
* Undertake the preparation of Corporation Tax packs and assist in the completion and submission of year end Corporation Tax returns
* Reconciling control accounts, including VAT and pension
* Posting journals on SAP
* Provide assistance with Annual Statutory Accounts and Audits
* Undertake additional ad hoc activities to support the Financial Controller
* Desirable - education to degree level
* A recognised qualification or can demonstrate study towards (ACCA/ AAT/ ATT/ ACA/ CTA)
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence colleagues at all levels
* Experience and evidence of being up to date on Tax
* Pragmatic and capable of delivering improvements whilst promoting the principles of Sustainable Continuous Improvement
* Good numeracy and analytical skills with the ability to solve problems and work within strict deadlines
* Excellent communications, organisational, and project management skills are important
* Strong skills including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
* Experience of working within a fast paced environment
* High attention to detail and accuracy
* Persistence in progress chasing and follow up
* Possess the ability to drive change
* Proactive nature and self-motivated with the ability to work both as a team member and on own initiative
£30,000 - £35,000 + 5% bonus + study support option + free lunch & other exciting benefits.