Reach International is working with this Global Accountancy firm based in Hong Kong to appoint an Expatriate (US) Tax Manager to focus within the areas of US Individual and Hong Kong Salaries Tax.
• Responsible for the compliance activities across a portfolio of clients with internationally deployed US staff based in Hong Kong and also individuals based locally in Hong Kong
• Preparation and review of individual tax returns for their US/Hong Kong employees (including CEOs and key decision-makers)
• Developing effective tax minimisation strategies
• Identifying tax planning opportunities to minimise tax costs and managing client relationships
• Providing executive remuneration advisory services and salary packaging advice
• Advising clients on a variety of employment and personal international tax matters
• Managing and coaching a team of junior associates
• It is essential that you have experience of US Individual Tax legislation. Exposure to Hong Kong individual tax would be advantageous
• A business-related degree as well as a professional qualification required
• Minimum of 5 years’ tax experience in a professional firm
• Experience of complex technical issues concerning employee remuneration (equity plans, dual contracts, pensions etc.)
• Strong client skills and good awareness of risk management
• Fluent English language skills essential. Cantonese or Mandarin is advantageous but not essential
For further information on this role or other offshore or international opportunities in general, please email one of our specialist consultants at Reach International
Please note; should you not be shortlisted for this particular role, your details will still be considered for all other relevant opportunities.