Change Public Practice are working with a prestigious Chartered Accountancy firm to assist them in the hire of a Newly Qualified Tax Senior / Assistant Manager for a very interesting and varied role for their team in Glasgow.
This role will encompass a number of tax areas with the main focus on Corporate Tax and Private Client / Personal Tax. Someone who is a specialist or experienced in either area and who are keen to diversify their skillset will be considered for this opportunity. One of the main selling points for this opportunity is that it is an advisory role with very little, if any, compliance work expected. One other selling point is that the role is quite project focused and can include exposure to other areas of tax outside of Corporate and Personal Tax, including Private Equity, M&A, capital Allowances, R&D etc. Due to the nature of the role being quite mixed, the client base that you will be responsible for is also quite varied and will range from small start-ups to larger organisations with an international presence.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Proactively managing a portfolio of clients, reporting to Managers and above
· Establishing effecting working relationships directly with clients
· Being proactively involved in the financial management of clients
· Contributing to the development of personal and team knowledge
· Building your own network of contacts through regular attendance at internal and external meetings
· Keeping up-to-date with local and national business and economic issues that might potentially impact on clients and /or their industry
· Being actively involved in business development activities to some degree whether identifying and researching opportunities on new/existing clients or, if comfortable, participating directly alongside more senior team members in new business meetings
· Mentoring junior members of staff
· Working on a project basis with specialists in all areas of tax i.e. Private Equity, Listed, Inbound, M&A, Capital Allowances, R&D, Indirect, Pensions, Reward & Employment etc.
· Exposure to Corporate Tax and/or Personal Tax gained from a Public Practice environment is essential
· Minimum 3 years’ experience Public Practice experience i.e. Big 4, top 10, Mid-Tier practice
· Must hold a full professional accountancy qualification i.e. ATT / CA / CTA etc.
· Someone who has a general practice background with some tax exposure to either corporate and / or personal tax will also be considered
· Keen interest in how the taxation system impacts both corporate and private clients alike and wants to develop their knowledge further
· Strong risk awareness, organisational, people and communication skills