My client is a leading Retail Group based in Central London, looking to hire a Corporate Tax Manager to join their Head Office tax team. Reporting to the Global Senior Tax Manager the role will be responsible for the tax compliance and strategy for the business.
* The role will include the following responsibilities:
* Completion of all Group corporate tax computations - 14 UK returns, 2 Jersey returns, 1 Irish return and 3 overseas branch returns, of which two are large returns and the remainder small entities.
* Preparation of the UK, Ireland and Jersey subsidiary accounts.
* Preparation of the half year and full year tax disclosures, working closely with the Group Finance department in the preparation of the tax numbers and preparation of periodic tax journals.
* Liaising directly with the external auditors to ensure the timely completion of the half year and full year tax submissions.
* Preparation of budgeted and forecastedcurrent and deferred tax numbers.
* Calculating UK and Irish tax instalments.
* Develop relationships with external advisers, in order to maximise any tax efficiencies for the business. Liaising directly with HMRC to resolve any queries arising regarding corporation tax within the Group.
* Calculating the Group's Transfer Pricing calculations and monitoring changes to regulations.
* Preparing the Group's R&D report. Working closely throughout the year with the IT department.
* Reviewing SDLT compliance and assisting the Property Department with the preparation of additional returns where necessary.
* Preparing the capital allowance numbers for the UK returns, periodically reviewing the capital allowance procedures and monitoring Short Life Asset Elections and ECAs.
* Assisting the Global Senior Tax Manager with;
* Answering corporate tax specific queries from the business and to proactively input into business development / projects as they arise.
* Producing impact reports in respect of legislative developments
* Producing an overview of the corporate tax system in various territories being considered for expansion
* Preparation and management of transfer pricing documentation and Country by Country reports
The successful applicant will possess the drive and ambition to develop the corporate tax role within the business, developing relationships with key stakeholders within the business and seeking out new tax saving / risk minimising opportunities.
For further information, please contact Phil Smyth