An international practice of Chartered Accountants with its head office in the United Kingdom. Specialises in personal and business taxation, and financial advice to international groups and private individuals.
The position is within the Business Tax Group in London, where you will be responsible for the compliance of a portfolio of c150 business tax clients. You will also have the opportunity to support managers on advisory work as and when the need arises. You will work closely with the client teams in the Corporate Services Department and you may be required to travel to their Leatherhead office on occasions.
In particular, they would welcome applications from candidates who have the potential and personally aspire to study for the Chartered Institute of Taxation's Chartered Tax Advisor ("CTA") qualification with the firm.
You will be involved within the Business Tax Group on a wide variety of work including:
* Responsibility for the compliance management for a portfolio of around 150 companies and partnerships
* Collation of information for company/partnership tax returns, involving liaison with clients by telephone, email and formal letter
* Preparation of company and partnership tax returns and computations for manager review on Alphatax software, including the setting up of tax working paper files, and advising on payments
* Tagging and reviewing iXBRL accounts
* Preparing non-resident landlord, Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings and Employment-related Securities returns
* Drafting correspondence with HMRC and clients
* Supporting managers on planning and advisory matters as appropriate
* Attending meetings with managers
* Assisting with technical research
* Supporting the administration of the department
* Assist with tax advisory projects as the need arises
* Qualifications - ACA/FCA
* Excellent communication skills
* Effective time and task management
* Strong inter-personal skills to engage confidently with managers, colleagues and clients, and to work effectively within a team
* Self-driven, pro-active and highly motivated
* Strong attention to detail and a desire for excellence, technically and in delivery of tasks
* Computer literate and receptive to technology changes
The company will provide full financial support to study for CTA qualification, including paid days for courses and examinations.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.