Outstanding firm that has grown rapidly over the last 5 years need to recruit a Property Tax Specialist
Your new company
Outstanding professional services firm that has grown rapidly over the last 5 years.
Your new role
My client is looking to recruit a self-sufficient, highly motivated and well organised individual to work directly with the Partner specialising in Property to develop a strong property tax team with recognised property tax expertise.
The role is extremely varied and gives the successful candidate an opportunity to utilise and build upon their existing knowledge base and develop a clear specialism. Within Property taxes, the tax advice can vary from assistance on the SDLT on the acquisition of a new property, advising international investors on their structures to review and implementing structures for property developers.
* Provide technical advice and support to clients of the firm in respect of real estate/property matters, many of whom are accountants and fellow professionals, both verbally and via written correspondence.
* Assist with the application of complex, specialist technical advice to provide innovative solutions that add value to the client.
* Work in collaboration with the Partner to promote Property tax as a recognised specialism within the market and to develop further the property team.
* Be able to assist and manage a range of advanced tax planning and transactional work. Dealing with technical correspondence and queries, gathering input from other colleagues within the firm as and when necessary and discussing with Property Partner who will review work.
* Start to build profile and rapport with clients, whether they are accountants, lawyers, individuals or corporate clients. Develop a network of professional contacts outside of the firm by use of technology and social media.
* Make time to keep up to date with tax journals, HMRC announcements and maintain a general tax awareness. Assist with marketing initiatives and build knowledge and awareness of all aspects of the firm's service to help identify opportunities to cross sell services. This may involve participation in both lecturing, the writing of articles for tax publications and delivery of webinars.
* Support business development activity with relevant technical commentary and content working in conjunction with the Property Partner. To include taking responsibility for specific business development actions and initiatives as directed.
* Be pro-active and identify opportunities to act on the interpretation of new legislation with a view to winning new work in conjunction with the Property Partner.
What you'll need to succeed
* CTA qualified with preferably two to three years post qualification experience. Ideally a generalist background with knowledge of both personal and corporate taxes. Some experience of property and/or SDLT would be also beneficial.
* Experience of dealing with tax planning initiatives and be keen to expand their knowledge and expertise in this area and the industry sector of real estate.