This is a rare opportunity to work for a household name in a senior tax compliance role which involves mana management. The position will manage the Corporate Tax Manager and the 'Tax Pool' (Tax Analyst & Assistants) on a day-to-day basis ensuring the group's UK and Overseas Corporation tax compliance requirements are met. The role will work in support of the Head of Tax in delivering all tax aspects for the group and have primary responsibility for managing tax compliance risks on a day to day basis.
Oversee Corporation Tax Compliance Cycles
* Implement required processes to deliver group tax returns, and supporting group submissions.
* Technical review of returns, sufficient for complete and accurate submission.
* Provision of technical support and coaching of Corporate Tax Manager and Tax Pool throughout compliance cycle.
* Oversee compliance timetable ensuring timely and accurate delivery.
* Review and authorisation of QIPs, tax forecasting, WD4 calculations and quarterly reporting processes with responsibility for communication to leadership team, business stakeholders and HMRC as appropriate.
* Overall responsibility of world-wide corporate tax compliance and mitigation of overseas tax risks through effective management of and clear communication with overseas offices.
Own Tax Governance Compliance
* Responsibility for managing group tax compliance risks, tax governance and technical correspondence with HMRC.
* Responsibility for ensuring robust tax processes are documented, maintained and monitored throughout the group.
* Responsibility for compliance with SAO regime, real-time maintenance of issues tracker, encompass and communication of compliance requirements across the group.
* Communicating Tax Strategy and ensuring business wide adoption.
Lead Compliance Advisory projects
* Identify need for in-depth projects to support compliance requirements.
* Drive projects through to completion through effective management of Tax Pool input, ensuring complete and correct implementation of project outcomes, and clear communication with stakeholders.
* Manage external advisors including scoping and fee negotiations.
* Day-to-day management of Corporate Tax Manager and Tax Pool ensuring stretching workloads and effective allocation of department resources.
* Coach and develop skills of direct reports through actively role modelling brand values, and provision of feedback throughout.
* Provide guidance and input with objective setting and carry out performance reviews.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.