An in-house vacancy has arisen for a VAT Analyst to take responsibility for UK and European VAT compliance with a key focus on driving VAT accounting process/system improvements. The role will work closely with Group Tax and Finance Teams and will report to the VAT Manager.
• Maintaining and clearing VAT general ledgers ensuring integrity and accuracy of those accounts for management as well as Tax Authority reporting purposes.
• Reconcile VAT and statistical returns to each other and the balance sheet.
• Solely responsible for preparing the monthly group tax management reporting reconciliations for VAT GLs across EMEA for Group Finance colleagues.
• Prepare reconciliations of P&L sales revenue to VAT reported revenue on a quarterly basis and as part of year end and statutory audit processes.
• Produce accurate periodic UK VAT Group and EMEA VAT registration returns and declarations.
• Create and post VAT journals to the balance sheet and approve VAT postings by Group Finance.
• Work closely with accounting functions in management and operation of accounting systems to drive VAT process improvement.
• Creation and approval of VAT coding matrixes for new events.
• Create and maintain up-to date process documentation
• Prepare Tax Authority error disclosures.
• Manage workflow VAT approvals for AR and AP invoicing and events set up.
• Supporting the EMEA VAT manager with internal and external VAT audits and ad-hoc projects.
To apply you will need to demonstrate the ability to manage and meet deadlines plus strong data analysis and VAT accounting skills. Ideally you will be part or fully qualified ACCA, ACA, CIMA or CTA. Experience of UK VAT Group accounting with a working knowledge of cross-border VAT in Europe is required.