Multinational organisation is looking for an International Tax Senior Manager to join their London based tax team. The candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, fast changing environment and relish a role which is constantly changing according to the needs of the business.
The team works on a wide and varied range of tax matters, across direct and indirect tax. Some of the work is UK focused, but most of the work is international, dealing with a variety of jurisdictions outside the UK.
The role is project based with an oversight of compliance. You will be responsible for actively managing external advisors, scoping their work, agreeing their fees, receiving and reviewing output and communicate findings and action points to the business.
You will work on projects involving interaction with other teams such as commercial, legal and finance and might include:
- Assessing on corporate tax and VAT compliance obligations in various territories and coordinating with the finance team and local tax advisors in order to fulfil these obligations.
- Understanding the changing business activities and advising on proposed restructuring steps, including understanding the accounting position and providing input into legal documentation.
- Understanding the business model for any new services to be provided and coordinating with the business and legal teams, and in some cases, other member firms, in order to recommend and implement an appropriate operating structure.
- Monitoring the implementation of significant tax legislative changes around the world (e.g. BEPS) and assessing its impact on the firm’s tax position.
- Being responsible for tax compliance filings in a number of different jurisdictions, including overseeing the gathering of information and managing advisors.
Experience and background:
- Qualified CTA or equivalent
- High level of drive and enthusiasm and a willingness to learn about new taxes.
- Strong project management skills; comfortable in dealing with issues crossing over multiple taxes and multiple jurisdictions.
- Ability to identify and evaluate risk issues and know when to involve others.
- In debt UK and international tax knowledge and experience, and broad knowledge of indirect taxes.
This is a full-time position with possibilities for flexible working.
For more information, please contact Alin Brekke