Our client is the in-house tax team in a major international business. This team seeks an experienced manager to who can help run the corporate tax affairs for a portfolio of the companies within the group which are based in the UK and Ireland. Day to day this role will involve:
• This will include the preparation, submission and agreement of the corporation tax returns and computations.
• Liaison with the tax authorities and advising the business as appropriate. Estimating and reporting current and deferred for both internal quarterly management accounts and statutory accounts.
• Proactive advise on UK employment tax matters.
• Working with other team members on advisory matters such as review of work on transactions.
• Reporting to the UK tax lead.
• Tax reporting work and projects such as R&D, Capital Allowances and SAO.
• Working alongside colleagues in other jurisdictions on transactions and transfer pricing projects.
• Assist the UK Tax Lead in providing tax advice to all levels on the direct tax implications of any business transaction, proposal or strategy as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be educated to degree level, be a qualified accountant (either ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified) and hold a UK Tax qualification, preferably CTA.
• You will ideally have at least 5 years’ post qualification work experience in UK Corporation Tax, with some if not all of that experience gained in-house.
• Equally important as technical experience is the right team fit for this small in-house team. Our client is looking for an approachable individual. Communication and interpersonal skills are key, being able to liaise effectively internally and externally and crucially having the ability to give clear, jargon free tax advice.
• Will enjoy taking ownership, are a self-starter and able to deliver solutions and information in a timely manner.
In return for your experience our client offers:
• Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.
• Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Salary in the banding £50,000 to £60,000 + bonus + healthcare + pension.